If there is one name you know in the world of web hosting, it’s probably Bluehost. It got its start back in 1996, which makes it ancient by web standards, but I like them none the less.
Bluehost has created a name for itself with outstanding server performance. Today I will be sharing a complete review of Bluehost hosting, and why you should opt for this particular hosting service.
They are listed as one of the official recommended hosting providers for WordPress blogs and offer an abundance of great tools, bonuses, and resources to WordPress customers.
Some of the things we look for in a web hosting service are:
Bluehost shared hosting package is perfect for your new blog, but if you have an existing WordPress blog with good traffic, I suggest you use their managed WordPress hosting.
Ready to find out more? We’re going to delve deep into the details in our Bluehost review. But let’s get started with a few quick facts first.
- Plans appear cheap at first glance, but not all of them are as cheap as they seem. You can get started for as little as $3.49 per month with shared hosting if you snag a deal like this. Otherwise the Starter plan usually costs $7.99 per month, which is still quite reasonable. But WP plans are pretty expensive, starting at $12.49 monthly.
- Get unmetered bandwidth with all accounts.
- The starter plan comes with 100 email accounts. The Plus and Business Pro plans offer unlimited email accounts.
- Get up to $200 in marketing offer bonuses.
- Enhanced cPanel makes it easy to configure and control your sites.
If you are looking for something inexpensive and basic, shared hosting is probably what you need. This is what most beginners and small businesses are shopping for. Dedicated hosting is the most expensive option, appropriate from large commercial businesses that need full control of their resources.
- Starter: Beginning at $3.49 per month, this plan jumps up to $7.99 per month at the regular price.
- Plus: This plan is regularly $10.49 per month.
- Business Pro: This plan is $23.99 per month.
These prices are all pretty good. But with this deal, you can make sure you get the best price! At the Starter level you get one website, 100GB of space, and unmetered bandwidth. You also get one domain, five parked domains, and 25 sub-domains. Additional features include 100 email accounts with 500 MB of storage each, and $50 in marketing offers.
- Standard: $14.99 your first month, up to $29.99 after that
- Enhanced: $29.99 your first month, up to $59.99 after that
- Premium: $44.99 your first month, up to $89.99 after that
- Ultimate: $59.99 your first month, up to $119.99 after that
Ease Of Use:
Bluehost uses cPanel, which is so far one of the easiest hosting panels that I have come across. Most of the shared hosting companies use the standard cPanel, and you will not find it hard to use. In fact, cPanel makes managing your hosting account easier. Also, Bluehost is one of very few shared Web hosting companies which will allow you to access SSH.
The performance is more than you’d expect. Not only the total page load time, the initial server response time (<300 ms on average) was pretty impressive for a shared host.
In most cases, resolution time is 5-30 minutes, which is an average support time for any shared hosting. The support response times aren’t that impressive, however, and they varied quite a bit, from 10 minutes to an hour. The first response has been an auto-generated response in quite a few cases, too.
Since Bluehost servers are optimized for WordPress hosting, you will find that you have very few issues with them. Moreover, they have been in the hosting business for almost 17 years, which is remarkable longevity for any web-hosting company.
Advantages Of BlueHost
BlueHost is your typical budget-friendly web host that offers a standard cPanel and LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) setup for people who’re not looking for too many features. With that in mind, let’s take a look at what all features that they have on offer:
- Free domain (for 1 year) along with your shared hosting plan.
- Feature-packed cPanel – integrated with CloudFlare, Page Speed Grader, Google Apps and a lot of other tools. Their custom user interface looks a lot better than the regular cPanel default skin.
- Premium anti-spam solutions built right in cPanel.
- Free, unlimited email accounts for the top-end plan. Email storage is within your total account storage. There are some limits as to how many emails in an hour you can send, so if your site is demanding in terms of sending emails, use some third party solutions like EmailOctopus.
- Automatic daily backups for all your website data, and stored files.
- Highly configured servers. Regular hardware upgrades. Replacement parts always ready for quick replacement in case of failed hardware.
- 24×7 Live Chat & Phone Support. The latter, especially, isn’t offered by most shared hosts out there.
- Hassle-free scalability allows you to upgrade your plan to a VPS or a dedicated server without having to face the hassles of moving your website.
- Account isolation technology isolates accounts having websites that consume too much resources, to ensure that the overall performance of the server doesn’t degrade and affect all customer sites on that server.
- Decent level of customization for a shared hosting plan – including SSH (Secured Shell Access), Server Side Includes, PHP.ini and .htaccess modification support.
- Multiple user access control mechanism to assign multiples users and restrict their access to specific sections of the same hosting account (like one account may access only the billing section).
- Built-in CDN (Content Delivery Network) support with CloudFlare integration. Hassle free setup ensures that all your static resources load faster from CloudFlare’s worldwide CDN network.
- Unique IPs, SSL, and SiteLock protection are some optional features that are handy to have.
- 30-day Money-back Guaranty
Bluehost is literally one of the top few that I would recommend to anyone and everyone. If you’re looking for a web host with a rock-solid reputation, then look no further than Bluehost. With cheap and scalable plans you are able to customize your own solution, and in just a couple of moments, you’ll be up and running.
We managed to get hold of a BlueHost discount link for you that offers dynamic discounts for different plans of BlueHost. You just need to click the button below, and your discount will be activated and will work for a month.
Grab hosting from Bluehost (Discounted link)
Use the comments section below to let us know if you are using BlueHost for your blog, and what your experience has been.